Sunday, January 20, 2013

Motivation & Determination


Intense workout; yoga; healthy diet & lifestyle. 
I've been recently inspired and motivated by my favourite artistes (:



Look at SNSD Yuri's abs! Perfect and flawless! Wish I can be like her tooooo


Perfect body contour + beautiful face shape. How can someone be so ideal?

So again, I've started to get my ass back on controlling my weight and diet. I had tried dieting about one year ago, but apparently it wasn't the best way to slim down because I had gained back my weight loss. In fact, I grew heavier than what I was before. 

One of the reasons I slimmed down was due to enormous stress as a result of the loss of my beloved. My whole family turned vegetarians for exactly 49 days as a form of prayer to daddy, hoping his after life will be better. As such, I survived without consuming meat/junk food for a month plus. On top of that, I reduced sugar and oily food intake intensely, and keep exercising for about 3-4 times a week. With all those reasons above, I lost 4kgs in less than 2 months. Many of my friends were shocked at how I had managed to slim down so drastically. Some were even concerned about my health. However, this intense diet re-bounced back after a period where I started to crave for all sorts of unhealthy food. (FYI, I'm a junkie who LOVES snacks, tidbits, chocolates, fried food) Especially when I started school when stress tends to build up, I binged on everything and disregarded my diet regime. I could drink more than 2 cups of Starbucks or equivalent a day. Subsequently, the over dosage of caffeine and sugar rush not only caused a jump in my weight, but also resulted in severe acne and pimples. My oily-acne skin became the consequence of my irregular diet. I have very few photos of myself without make-up on so here is one of the rare photos! Sigh, I know I shouldn't rely on make-up too much, but I just can't help it!

ACNE ACNE ACNE!!!
Therefore, I've decided to slim down again but in a more regular and healthier diet regime. It takes time, effort and perseverance to slenderize. Determination is the key. So I would constantly need to re-read this blog post and remind myself the reason for the diet. 

Please wait for awhile before I post my diet methods. Also, I'll keep you updated on my progress! Before I end this post, I hope everyone will be positive and optimistic towards their future and fight against any challenges they have ahead. I will also do my best and keep my life going (:

"Some people are willing to pay the price and it's the same with staying healthy or eating healthy. There's some discipline involved. There's some sacrifices."
- Mike Ditka

Pretty Sica! 예뻐요, 언니 
xoxo,
Jen